You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I buy a new iPhone with AppleCare+ in Austria, will I be eligible for the services in Hungary?

Hi,

I would like to buy a new iPhone. And also some kind of insurance. The AppleCare+ theft and loss seems a very good option for me, but sadly in my country (Hungary) I can’t buy the AppleCare+ protection. I would like to visit Austria to buy a new phone with the AppleCare+. My questions are:

• Can I buy the AppleCare+ abroad (Austria)? I live in another country (Hungary) and I have no home address there.
  • If yes, and I have the AppleCare+ protection, am I eligible for the services in Hungary (we have official resellers and partners) or I have to travel to Austria if something happens with the phone?
  • What about theft and loss? What if the phone is stolen or lost in another country? Do I have to travel to Austria to get a new phone or can I get a new one here in Hungary?

Posted on Nov 6, 2023 7:37 AM

2 replies

Nov 6, 2023 8:43 AM in response to Bdan27

AppleCare+ for iPhones (and most other devices) is only for the country where the device was purchased. I think only Mac computers have wider coverage.

AppleCare Products - iPhone - Apple (AT)

AppleCare+ for iPhone Terms and conditions - Apple (AT)

AppleCare+ for iPhone with Theft and Loss Insurance Documentation - Apple (AT)

AppleCare products for iPhone are available in these European countries, not others:

If I buy a new iPhone with AppleCare+ in Austria, will I be eligible for the services in Hungary?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.