You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

The new iPad mini is available today. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Make Apps available for Managed AppleID's

Hi!

Been doing some research, and haven't found an answer for this.

I have a customer wanting to only use the Manage AppleID feature of Apple Business manager.

They don't want to add their devices to Apple Business manager or Intune. But want to install some few apps on their devices, but every app in App Store is greyed out.

So my question, how can I make Apps available to them in App Store through their Managed AppleID account?

Do I really need to add them to Apple Business manager, and then force apps to devices and not let them install apps them self? Based on my research, this is the only option.

Any help where?

iPad Pro (6th generation)

Posted on Nov 9, 2023 7:03 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2023 7:26 AM

You can't. Managed Apple IDs cannot make purchases from the App Store. You'll either need to get redemption codes (deprecated), gift cards, reimburse the employee, or use ABM+MDM to make this happen.

You can deploy managed Apps using MDM while still allowing the user to log into their personal Apple ID and install their own apps if you wish.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 9, 2023 7:26 AM in response to Niklaschr

You can't. Managed Apple IDs cannot make purchases from the App Store. You'll either need to get redemption codes (deprecated), gift cards, reimburse the employee, or use ABM+MDM to make this happen.

You can deploy managed Apps using MDM while still allowing the user to log into their personal Apple ID and install their own apps if you wish.

Make Apps available for Managed AppleID's

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.