You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I switch off the Background noise setting on my iPhone?

I switched my settings to illuminate or reduce background noise. And now I can’t find where I did that setting and when I use my car Bluetooth the volume is so low. I cant even hear the person talking even when it’s on full blast it’s not loud enough for me.

Thanks for helping !!!!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Nov 12, 2023 9:54 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2023 10:44 AM

Hello,

To adjust the volume of your Bluetooth audio:

1. Disable Noise Cancellation: Go to Settings > Accessibility > Audio/Visual > Phone Noise Cancellation > Toggle the switch off.
  2. Set Microphone Mode to "Standard": Go to Settings > FaceTime > Audio Calls > Microphone Mode > Select "Standard."

If the volume is still too low, contact Apple Support for further assistance.

Apple Support: https://getsupport.apple.com/

I hope this will help you.

Thank you.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 12, 2023 10:44 AM in response to Beechbumz

Hello,

To adjust the volume of your Bluetooth audio:

1. Disable Noise Cancellation: Go to Settings > Accessibility > Audio/Visual > Phone Noise Cancellation > Toggle the switch off.
  2. Set Microphone Mode to "Standard": Go to Settings > FaceTime > Audio Calls > Microphone Mode > Select "Standard."

If the volume is still too low, contact Apple Support for further assistance.

Apple Support: https://getsupport.apple.com/

I hope this will help you.

Thank you.

How can I switch off the Background noise setting on my iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.