You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CONTACT Format and Options (Fall 2023)

Following one of the updates in October/November.....

I used to be able to put an EMOJI as a photo in a contact. (Emoji NOT Memoji). Am I missing something or did they really do away with that option.

Also, for the record, the new "ANDROID" style format of a Contact is awful. I don't need the photo of the contact to take up 3/4 of the screen. I'd rather see more details of the contact when I open it.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Nov 13, 2023 1:08 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2023 4:25 PM

Snowflinger6 wrote:

That would be iOS 17.

I used to be able to put an EMOJI as a photo in a contact. (Emoji NOT Memoji). Am I missing something or did they really do away with that option.

Sort of- now you have to assign the 'poster' option to the contact, then choose 'monogram'. That should let you put an emoji as the contact picture. Failing that, you could always find a picture of the emoji and assign it as an image (though this is quite the workaround).

Also, for the record, the new "ANDROID" style format of a Contact is awful. I don't need the photo of the contact to take up 3/4 of the screen. I'd rather see more details of the contact when I open it.

Frankly I agree, but Apple won't see the feedback unless you submit it here: Feedback - Contacts - Apple

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 13, 2023 4:25 PM in response to Snowflinger6

Snowflinger6 wrote:

That would be iOS 17.

Sort of- now you have to assign the 'poster' option to the contact, then choose 'monogram'. That should let you put an emoji as the contact picture. Failing that, you could always find a picture of the emoji and assign it as an image (though this is quite the workaround).

Frankly I agree, but Apple won't see the feedback unless you submit it here: Feedback - Contacts - Apple

CONTACT Format and Options (Fall 2023)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.