You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i transfered my old phone to new phone but my apps and settings didnt transfer?

i did the transfer from my previous phone to the new one

iPhone XR

Posted on Nov 14, 2023 10:33 AM

5 replies

Nov 14, 2023 10:52 AM in response to anne-marie297

As Raicya expressed, if not using the same username, the apps yi downloaded/purchased won’t be associated until yi [additionally] signin with original login.

If the option to include apps wasn’t selected, this is another bigger reason. If yi did signin with your associated username & selected to include the apps, there’s a problem with Apple’s transfer feature. Yi might want to restore from iCloud storage; I hope for it to allow. I also recommend factory resetting the device first, then restore from iCloud; be sure to have your password available.

Nov 14, 2023 12:08 PM in response to Raicya

If yi trust your device & apps; I’d be careful enabling certain features/settings. There’s also a conundrum setting that also disallows while one allows automatic downloads of updates for applications. It’s nonsensical, especially when there isn’t an active notification of available updates. If yi value security, having both on is not only nonsensical, it can be another redundancy barrier against ill installed apps within intrusions.

i transfered my old phone to new phone but my apps and settings didnt transfer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.