You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible to transfer mp3s/downloads from iPad to iPhone ?

I have mp3s that I loaded into Apple Music on to my IPad. Some of these are iTunes purchases but many are non purchased mp3s. So is there a way to get these mp3s and also playlists to show up on my Apple Music on my iPhone? Could I do a transfer from the iPad to iPhone? Hope this makes sense. Thank you.

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 14, 2023 1:21 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2023 2:18 PM

Unfortunately no. There is no way to extratc tracks from the Music App on the iPad and transfer them to the iPhone.

If these tracks still exist on the computer that you transferred them to the iPad from, you can do the same for the iPhone.

Otherwise, you will need to use a 3rd party app to recover them from the iPhone, load them onto iTunes on a computer and then sync them to the iPhone.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 14, 2023 2:18 PM in response to masscub

Unfortunately no. There is no way to extratc tracks from the Music App on the iPad and transfer them to the iPhone.

If these tracks still exist on the computer that you transferred them to the iPad from, you can do the same for the iPhone.

Otherwise, you will need to use a 3rd party app to recover them from the iPhone, load them onto iTunes on a computer and then sync them to the iPhone.

Is it possible to transfer mp3s/downloads from iPad to iPhone ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.