You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is there a way to transfer your photos and videos from the iphone storage to the icloud storage?

my friend’s iphone’s storage is full. i thought she was referring to the icloud storage so i suggested she changed her icloud plan, and she did, but that didn’t solve the problem. i’m pretty sure there’s a way to transfer photos, documents and videos from the iphone storage to the icloud storage, but i’m no expert and i don’t know how to do it. can soneone help me?

Posted on Nov 17, 2023 1:56 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2023 2:37 AM

ICloud Photos normally stores copies of your photos and videos in iCloud - and on each device and computer.

Do not try to delete photos from one place (like the phone), as that will be taken as a request to delete them everywhere.

You can turn on “Optimize iPhone Storage” which will give the iPhone permission to save local storage space by storing only thumbnails of some of your photos, then downloading full-size copies from iCloud as necessary.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 17, 2023 2:37 AM in response to stantwice

ICloud Photos normally stores copies of your photos and videos in iCloud - and on each device and computer.

Do not try to delete photos from one place (like the phone), as that will be taken as a request to delete them everywhere.

You can turn on “Optimize iPhone Storage” which will give the iPhone permission to save local storage space by storing only thumbnails of some of your photos, then downloading full-size copies from iCloud as necessary.

is there a way to transfer your photos and videos from the iphone storage to the icloud storage?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.