You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Importing MXF files into FCX

Hi Everyone,

I have footage shot on a Canon XF 300 and trying to import into FCX.

Wondering about the correct procedure.

FCX 10.6.8

Thanks,

Al

Mac mini

Sonoma 14.0

Mac mini, macOS 14.0

Posted on Nov 17, 2023 5:30 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2023 6:58 AM

It’s pretty straight forward. You import the media through the import window and go from there.

There is no one way to handle the media. One way is to make an archive copy of the camera card. Import from the archive and store the media in a designated folder or inside the library bundle.

9 replies

Nov 17, 2023 7:09 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

Thanks Tom.

I don't know why that answer didn't come up when I searched. I found stuff like having to use a 3rd party to get it imported.

I don't have access to the cards. I'm downloading via Google Drive. So I'll make copies of the footage. I don't have experience with MXF. I assume I need to duplicate all the files in the folder for it to work? I tried downloading the Journal and Index and couldn't.

Thanks,

Al

Nov 17, 2023 8:08 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

All good. The mistake I was making was to double click on the Contents which gave the image above. I needed to download from Contents level which then gives a confusing 8 zip files. Opening all the zip files gave me all the footage in a crazy order.

FCX opens the MXF files just fine and I will back up the MXF files to an external for editing. I assume I don't need to back up any of the index or journal files or other misc files that come with the MXF files?

Thanks TOm,

Al

Importing MXF files into FCX

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.