You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HMA VPN reinstallation not possible

Hello everyone,

I have a bug with my new Mac Pro M3. This morning, the VPN wouldn't start. So I removed the VPN using CleanMyMac Pro.

Now, when I try to reinstall the VPN, I get an error. After consulting several forums, it seems that the solution is to completely reinstall my Mac. However, this is impossible for me because I haven't backed up all my data yet and I don't want to lose anything, being still a Mac beginner.

Could you suggest another solution to solve this problem with the VPN without having to reinstall my Mac? Thank you in advance for your help.

Thanks

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 14.1

Posted on Nov 18, 2023 4:19 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2023 4:41 AM

Your immediate problem is you used CMM, AKA BrickMyMac, to do anything.

Remove CMM and all such helper apps using the developer's instructions and start over.

I suggest after you remove CMM, you do the same with the VPN ... completely uninstall it and then reinstall.

Understand, a VPN is one of the helper apps this community will advise you not to use unless you have a specific need dictated by, say, an employer. VPN's can disrupt your system operations too.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 18, 2023 4:41 AM in response to Nasna128

Your immediate problem is you used CMM, AKA BrickMyMac, to do anything.

Remove CMM and all such helper apps using the developer's instructions and start over.

I suggest after you remove CMM, you do the same with the VPN ... completely uninstall it and then reinstall.

Understand, a VPN is one of the helper apps this community will advise you not to use unless you have a specific need dictated by, say, an employer. VPN's can disrupt your system operations too.

HMA VPN reinstallation not possible

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.