You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I upgrade my iMac to macOS 11 or 12?

My Mac Catalina don't support support Banana Plus, I need Mac OS 11 or more. - Actually I have Catalina.

How can I download OS 11 or 12?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 18, 2023 7:41 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2023 9:07 AM

What does it say in the About This Mac dialog in the Apple () menu? Model name and hardware year/sub-year – no serial numbers, please.

If the machine is a 27" iMac with a model year of 2013 or earlier, it can't run Big Sur or later. If it has a model year of 2014 or later, that model year will tell us how far it can go.

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 18, 2023 9:07 AM in response to Beppe52

What does it say in the About This Mac dialog in the Apple () menu? Model name and hardware year/sub-year – no serial numbers, please.

If the machine is a 27" iMac with a model year of 2013 or earlier, it can't run Big Sur or later. If it has a model year of 2014 or later, that model year will tell us how far it can go.

How can I upgrade my iMac to macOS 11 or 12?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.