You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get rid of the hidden network?

This is on my WiFi network where it says hidden network

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 14.1

Posted on Nov 18, 2023 8:05 AM

3 replies

Nov 18, 2023 8:26 AM in response to ronn276

This is not really a question about an iPhone.

If your Wi-Fi network is listed or displayed as "Hidden", then you will need to get into the settings on your Wi-Fi router to turn off the option to hide the network. Then, the actual name of the Wi-Fi network will be displayed.

If your Wi-Fi router was supplied to you from your Internet Service Provider (ISP), you will need to contact the Customer Support people at the ISP for instructions on how to access and change the settings on your Wi-Fi router.

If you purchased your Wi-Fi router online or from a store, then you will need to contact the Customer Support people at the router manufacturer. You can find the make and model number of your Wi-Fi router on a label on the back or bottom of the Wi-Fi router.

If all of this sounds too intimidating and cumbersome, and the "hidden netowork" is not causing issues, it might be best to simply leave well enough alone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.