You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music volume at 50% while plugged into car.

The recent update has made Apple Music more quiet in my car. My cars volume has a dial from 0-40. 30 used to be the max. Now, with the most recent update (17.1.1), 40 is still quieter than the old 30.

When I now look at the song that is playing, the volume bar on the phone shows it’s at 50% and I can’t figure out how to increase this to be 100% so I can adjust the actual volume through my CarPlay.

How do I turn up the volume on my phone while plugged into my car? It’s not proper headbanging if I can still hear myself talk

Posted on Nov 19, 2023 9:35 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2024 10:39 AM

Mine is locked at 50% when using car play. Sound check is off. How do I change this?

12 replies

Apr 11, 2024 10:05 AM in response to christa265

I have the same problem. When my iPhone 15 (OS 17.4.1) is connected to my truck (Ford Sync 3) the volume is limited to 50%. It can’t be changed via Volume Control Pro. Music played via Pandora using CarPlay is much quieter than other music sources (FM radio). In the Apple Music app I have the EQ and Sound Check set to “off”.

Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions on how to correct this?

May 25, 2024 8:49 PM in response to Boomer2015

I’m having the same issue. I bought a wireless Bluetooth box so I can use apple carplay instead of plugging in my phone every time I’m in and out of the car. Music volume stuck at 50% unable to turn up volume. I’m running the latest iOS on my pro max 15. Help!!!! I don’t want to go back to having to plug my phone in and out again.

Apple Music volume at 50% while plugged into car.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.