You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I know if my phone has been compromised

In getting random texts and calls

Posted on Nov 20, 2023 7:50 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2023 8:09 PM

janepinho Said:

"How do I know if my phone has been compromised: In getting random texts and calls"

-------

No one has compromised it. They probably compromised your info from a broker site out there on the Web. So, what I recommend to use:

Avoiding Popups and Scam Messages:

Two Things to Try...

A. Malwarebytes Mobile Security:

If you were to use Malwarebytes Mobile Security then that may do the job, somewhat. It blocks out suspected scams, based on the sender's phone number. The paid version lets you report a number - once reported, it blocks it out, not even allowing it to go through.  Malwarebytes is created by longtime users of these forums, making it the only reliable Security Software for Apple devices. Go Here: Malwarebytes Mobile Security - App Store

B. Brave Bowser:

Try using the Brave Private Web Browser. It blocks out all sorts of junk. You can get ti directly in the App StoreBrave Private Web Browser - App Store

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 20, 2023 8:09 PM in response to janepinho

janepinho Said:

"How do I know if my phone has been compromised: In getting random texts and calls"

-------

No one has compromised it. They probably compromised your info from a broker site out there on the Web. So, what I recommend to use:

Avoiding Popups and Scam Messages:

Two Things to Try...

A. Malwarebytes Mobile Security:

If you were to use Malwarebytes Mobile Security then that may do the job, somewhat. It blocks out suspected scams, based on the sender's phone number. The paid version lets you report a number - once reported, it blocks it out, not even allowing it to go through.  Malwarebytes is created by longtime users of these forums, making it the only reliable Security Software for Apple devices. Go Here: Malwarebytes Mobile Security - App Store

B. Brave Bowser:

Try using the Brave Private Web Browser. It blocks out all sorts of junk. You can get ti directly in the App StoreBrave Private Web Browser - App Store

How do I know if my phone has been compromised

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.