You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After upgrading to iPhone Pro Google sign-in issue on Safari

I change my XS with 15 pro max and now every time when I am trying to open safari (I use google browser) I am asked to sign in to my google account

[Re-Titled By Moderator]

iPhone SE, iOS 12

Posted on Nov 22, 2023 10:20 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2023 10:33 PM

Gore_VL Said:

"open safari: I change my XS with 15 pro max and now every time when I am trying to open safari (I use google browser) I am asked to sign in to my google account"

-------

Set Safari as Default Browser:

Seems Google Chrome has become your default browser. So, change it to Safari: Change the Default Web Browser or eMail App on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 22, 2023 10:33 PM in response to Gore_VL

Gore_VL Said:

"open safari: I change my XS with 15 pro max and now every time when I am trying to open safari (I use google browser) I am asked to sign in to my google account"

-------

Set Safari as Default Browser:

Seems Google Chrome has become your default browser. So, change it to Safari: Change the Default Web Browser or eMail App on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Nov 23, 2023 9:37 AM in response to Gore_VL

Gore_VL Said:

already did it but, what I didn't saw was the fact, I was in private mode on safari! My bad! I change the private mode and now it works! Thank you for your time! When I open settings for browser, google was my default browser.

———-

Excellent job troubleshooting!

Thanks for spreading the word! It will help many, for certain.

After upgrading to iPhone Pro Google sign-in issue on Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.