You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to do turn off single app on my MacBook

HI, after the recent IOS updates, my personal MacBook has single app options turned on. Can anyone provide steps to turn it back to basis multi apps use?

Thank you

MacBook Air (M2, 2023)

Posted on Nov 23, 2023 10:03 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2023 5:23 PM

That is called Stage Manager. You don’t need Apple Configurator.

You can drag an app from the left side, to the center to have open besides other apps there.

If you want to turn off the option entirely, go into Control Center, and click on the Stage Manager button to turn it off.

click here ➡️ Use Stage Manager on Mac - Apple Support

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 26, 2023 5:23 PM in response to vbangs

That is called Stage Manager. You don’t need Apple Configurator.

You can drag an app from the left side, to the center to have open besides other apps there.

If you want to turn off the option entirely, go into Control Center, and click on the Stage Manager button to turn it off.

click here ➡️ Use Stage Manager on Mac - Apple Support

Nov 25, 2023 9:29 PM in response to vbangs

vbangs Said:

"how to do turn off single app on my MacBook: HI, after the recent IOS updates, my personal MacBook has single app options turned on. Can anyone provide steps to turn it back to basis multi apps use? Thank you"

-------

Provide a Screenshot of this:

Can you provide a screenshot? That would most certainly help. Take a Screenshot on your Mac - Apple Support

Nov 25, 2023 6:55 PM in response to Phil0124

When I open word, this is the only app available on 1 screen and all other open apps are tiled on the side.

If I click on the chrome tile it is now displayed on the screen, then the word is moved to be a tile. I want to be able to have both open at the same time.

I checked online and it says I need to have apple configurator, which I do not have installed on my PC or phone, so unsure how this is required now.

how to do turn off single app on my MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.