You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I find my lost iPhone through the serial number

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Nov 27, 2023 7:01 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 7, 2024 12:24 PM

How can I find my iPhone 12 pro Max by using serial number

18 replies

Nov 28, 2023 3:09 AM in response to thrile33

The Find My system doesn’t work by serial number, but instead by registered devices for an Apple ID account, that have had their Find My function activated. If Find My wasn’t activated, then it can’t be traced that way. If the iPhone is registered with a different Apple ID than what you have the credentials for, then it can’t be traced that way.

Jul 27, 2024 12:22 PM in response to nordin304

nordin304 wrote:

How can i find my lost iphone with seriel no tracking?

There is no tracking by serial number.

Serial number tracking would be massively misused.

Serial number tracking would be a catastrophe.

Were that tracking available, abusive domestic partners, crooks, thieves, stalkers, all would abuse that.

Find My is the available tracking mechanism: If your iPhone or iPad is lost or stolen - Apple Support

If Find My was not set up prior to loss or theft or whatever, Find My cannot be enabled remotely.

Aug 14, 2024 8:21 AM in response to guguloth143

guguloth143 wrote:

I lost my I phone 14 plus
It is showing offline what should I do!?
How to find

There is no tracking by serial number.

Serial number tracking would be massively misused.

Serial number tracking would be a catastrophe.

Were that tracking available, abusive domestic partners, crooks, thieves, stalkers, all would abuse that.

Find My is the available tracking mechanism: If your iPhone or iPad is lost or stolen - Apple Support

If Find My was not set up prior to loss or theft or whatever, Find My cannot be enabled remotely.

If you have used Find My without locating the device, then the device is offline, disassembled, or otherwise incommunicado.

Find My can be useful for locating lost devices, but it’s not all that useful for finding stolen devices.

What to do?

Follow the rest of the suggestions in the linked article, and expect to be acquiring a replacement iPhone.

You might get a call or text from “Apple” or from the “police”, reporting your device has been located, and requesting you provide proof of ownership. That’s from the thieves. Do not provide your Apple ID credentials.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.