You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut Pro Bluray Exporting Error

Continuously getting the error message: "Could not create the disc (Invalid Format, The video file is not compatible with the selected disc format.)" every time I try and export my video into a AVCHD format.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.3

Posted on Nov 27, 2023 9:08 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2023 11:28 PM

Start by deleting FCP preferences. To delete preferences, hold down command and option while starting FCP X and click Delete Preferences. The application will start in a default state, and open an "Untitled" library. Reopen the library you were working on, set the preferences the way you like them, and try again.

If the problem persists:

Please give more details, including your OS version, FCP version, and information about your project and media.

Does your project export in other formats?

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 27, 2023 11:28 PM in response to Why_Aiden

Start by deleting FCP preferences. To delete preferences, hold down command and option while starting FCP X and click Delete Preferences. The application will start in a default state, and open an "Untitled" library. Reopen the library you were working on, set the preferences the way you like them, and try again.

If the problem persists:

Please give more details, including your OS version, FCP version, and information about your project and media.

Does your project export in other formats?

Nov 28, 2023 4:58 PM in response to Why_Aiden

It's been the go-to troubleshooting first step for FCP for as long as I can remember. When FCP crashes or becomes unhappy about something, its preferences can be corrupted which in turn can cause the app to behave strangely. I don't know why FCP preferences are so brittle but it's an easy process to reset them.

Final Cut Pro Bluray Exporting Error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.