You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Studio M2 Ultra: why am I not getting all text messages?

Mac Studio M2 Ultra; Mac OS Sonoma 14.1.1; Messages app v 14.0. I am not receiving all text messages despite being logged on with my Apple ID. I do receive texts from other Apple devices, but not from my bank with second level authorization to log onto their site and access my accounts.

I also cannot always send or receive texts to other non-Apple devices.

I am not experiencing these issues with either my iPhone 12 Pro Max, or MacBook Pro M1 Max. Both devices successfully send and receive all text messages.

Guidance is most appreciated. Thank you.

Mac Studio

Posted on Nov 30, 2023 1:03 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2023 1:18 PM

It sounds as if you may not have Text Message Forwarding properly set up on all of your devices. On your iPhone, go to Settings>Messages>Text Message Forwarding and make sure that all of your devices are selected.

See also:

Forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to your Mac or iPad - Apple Support

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 30, 2023 1:18 PM in response to Cam Hitchcock

It sounds as if you may not have Text Message Forwarding properly set up on all of your devices. On your iPhone, go to Settings>Messages>Text Message Forwarding and make sure that all of your devices are selected.

See also:

Forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to your Mac or iPad - Apple Support

Mac Studio M2 Ultra: why am I not getting all text messages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.