You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you get viruses from scanning a QR code that redirects you to a website that makes you open the AppStore?

Hello, i have some paranoia issues and a day ago i was at a store when i was asked to scan a QR code so that i could download an app, the app was made to give you stamps when you purchased things so you’d get a freebie when you’ve collected enough, at the time I didn’t think much of it but my paranoia is eating me alive as of right now. I have changed all my passwords and was close to doing a factory reset of the phone but I haven’t yet. So my question is, could I have received a virus from the website that redirected me to the AppStore? I do trust the store but I can’t go but worry. (The app was called “My stamp”)My phone is also not jailbroken or bought from unofficial place. I know this probably sounds really silly but I apprised any awnsers!

Posted on Dec 1, 2023 6:54 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2023 6:56 AM

No.

(247846)

Similar questions

2 replies

Can you get viruses from scanning a QR code that redirects you to a website that makes you open the AppStore?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.