You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Noise opening and closing m3pro MacBook

i recently bought a M3pro MacBookpro 14” and I can hear a cracking or popping noise, only slight, when opening and closing from the middle bar or chin bar between the two hinges. I pressed it with my finger and it feels like adhesive sticking and unsticking. Any suggestions what it is, and what I should do?? As this is brand new.

MacBook Pro 14″

Posted on Dec 5, 2023 4:26 PM

2 replies

Dec 19, 2023 6:02 AM in response to OfficialJoshLewis

OfficialJoshLewis wrote:

i recently bought a M3pro MacBookpro 14” and I can hear a cracking or popping noise, only slight, when opening and closing from the middle bar or chin bar between the two hinges. I pressed it with my finger and it feels like adhesive sticking and unsticking. Any suggestions what it is, and what I should do?? As this is brand new.

you have a limited 14 days for an exchange or refund for any reason—see Returns & Refunds Order status

Only items that have been purchased directly from Apple, either online or at an Apple Retail Store

Returns & Refunds - Shopping Help - Apple

Dec 19, 2023 6:08 AM in response to leroydouglas

leroydouglas wrote:

OfficialJoshLewis wrote:

you have a limited 14 days for an exchange or refund for any reason—see Returns & Refunds Order status
Only items that have been purchased directly from Apple, either online or at an Apple Retail Store

Returns & Refunds - Shopping Help - Apple

I wouldn’t go straight to getting rid of it.

Can you see the adhesive? If it is adhesive, wait for it to dry, this will be a temporary nuisance.

Regards,

mdp1101

Noise opening and closing m3pro MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.