You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to close a book and get back to the library or store in updated Books app

Since the latest updates, I absolutely hate the Books app (and it sounds like that’s a common theme). But the absolute worst thing is that I can’t figure out how to get it to close a book, so for example to close what you’re currently reading (whether book or sample) and get back to the library or store. I’ve tried all kinds of stuff, all over the screen. If there’s a magic word, please tell me what it is. I’ve tried abracadabra and it doesn’t work.

iPad, iPadOS 17

Posted on Dec 5, 2023 5:53 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2023 12:29 AM

Tap in the middle of the book to bring up x, top right, and tap to close.

5 replies

Dec 6, 2023 5:56 AM in response to picas

Okay, Thanks for the help. I had tried that but it only took me back to “Read Now” but I guess you have to then tap the upper right to see the Library list. It just doesn’t look the same either, because it doesn’t give you the details it used to of your own Collections (# of books, # read, etc.). So I didn’t think that was my real Library listing. I guess so though. Definitely prefer the old version because a) not a multi-step process to get to the Library list and b) liked the details from before. Is there any forum in which users can communicate to Apple that an upgrade feature has been an epic fail?

Trying to close a book and get back to the library or store in updated Books app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.