You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail will not load content directly Sonoma 14.1.2

After my last update, my e-mails are not loading content directly in Sonoma 14.1.2. Can anyone share how to make it so the content loads without any further action other than opening the email? Thanks!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 14.1

Posted on Dec 8, 2023 2:56 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2024 12:15 PM

OK - I finally got the info on how to solve this issue from a YouTube video. The information in the conversations below will not do the trick alone. You will need to do this as well: Go to System Settings -> Network -> WiFi. If you are connected to any WiFi networks, click on the Details button in that connection. When you do, another window will pop up. Locate the "Limit IP address tracking" box at the bottom. Turn off the radio button and content will load in your mailbox from now on. Just be aware that you may be opening yourself up to spam. Only open messages from people or organizations you know.

8 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 23, 2024 12:15 PM in response to donna9197

OK - I finally got the info on how to solve this issue from a YouTube video. The information in the conversations below will not do the trick alone. You will need to do this as well: Go to System Settings -> Network -> WiFi. If you are connected to any WiFi networks, click on the Details button in that connection. When you do, another window will pop up. Locate the "Limit IP address tracking" box at the bottom. Turn off the radio button and content will load in your mailbox from now on. Just be aware that you may be opening yourself up to spam. Only open messages from people or organizations you know.

Apr 22, 2024 12:49 PM in response to donna9197

Not one of these replies are helpful. Unless something was changed between version 14.1 and 14.4, there is no "preferences" in Apple Mail, only "settings". When you select settings and click on the privacy tab, the window that I have has the "block remote content" box unchecked. (see attached) Despite this, I still can't get content to load. Does anyone out there have a way to solve this? Very exasperating.

Dec 8, 2023 3:24 PM in response to donna9197

Are you talking about "Reload Content Remotely" button? Like, the images doesn't appear without clicking that button?

You can try to Force Quit Mail ( > Force Quit > Force Quit Mail)

Also restarting your computer can help.

Try to see if your emails loading properly after theses steps.

I had this problem too this week, but for only one e-mail.

Mail will not load content directly Sonoma 14.1.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.