You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple HomeKit not turning on lights

Once I installed iOS 17.2 I believe it is. My Apple HomeKit has been having issues turning on lights. I will ask Siri to turn lights on but then nothing happens. I go into the Apple HomeKit app and in the app it says that they are turned on however they are turned on at 0% so really they are not turned on.! How do I fix this so I can get my lights turning on like they did before?

Posted on Dec 10, 2023 4:17 AM

2 replies

Dec 16, 2023 8:06 PM in response to hwirthj83

For a few days I noticed that when I tell Siri (HomePod) to turn on a light she doesn’t respond. I would have to repeat myself 2-3 times. Then just yesterday she kept saying lights are not responding. I looked at the home app and under each light it said the same nor can I control the lights from the app. I can control from the hue app but I love being able to tell Siri to turn on or off all lights at once. I deleted all the lights and installed again, rebooted my HomePod, router and bridge…not in that order. The home app cannot find the bridge. I have wasted too much time on this the past two days I just feel like throwing it out the window. With much research and trying suggestions still nothing. I’ve read that it’s due to the software update. Currently on 17.2

Anyone have any luck or I hope Apple has someone monitoring their community discussions and FIX IT.

Apple HomeKit not turning on lights

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.