You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is remote login broken?

I was able to remote login to my macs at work and home before 14.2. Now I can remote login from the local networks but not from remote networks.

So I can no longer login in to my home machine from work or my work machine from home.

iMac 27″, macOS 14.2

Posted on Dec 14, 2023 3:42 PM

1 reply

Dec 15, 2023 9:33 AM in response to Dulcamara1p

". . . I can no longer log in to my home machine from work . . ."

This could be because the IP address of your home router (the one assigned by your ISP) has changed. Look at what you have configured in the software you use and see if it matches your router's IP address. Alter your settings accordingly if it has changed. Remember residential broadband services are liable to change as WAN IP addresses are assigned dynamically. If it is the same then maybe your home computer's LAN IP address has changed. Unless you've configured a fixed IP these too are assigned dynamically by your router.

". . . or my work machine from home . . ."

Whatever you're using to make the connection may not be fully supported by the latest macOS. Check with the software developer and see if there's an update available. Alternatively ask your workplace IT department if they've changed something or any advice on what you need to do to support the latest macOS.

Alternatively re-install the previous macOS until the latest macOS is fully supported.

Good luck

Is remote login broken?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.