You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to update 6th Gen iPad

I’m attempting to update my 6th generation iPad and am unable to do so. I don’t receive any error code. I’m just told it is unable to install update due to an error. Does anyone know how to fix this?

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Dec 20, 2023 8:51 AM

8 replies

Dec 30, 2023 11:27 AM in response to DcrisFromTexas

If the issue persists, or if the iPadOS version currently running on your device is very old, try to update it via computer (if you don't have a computer borrow one from your friends/neighbors, or ask for help at an Apple Store or Authorized Service Provider), then learn how to update your device manually if you're using a Mac with macOS Catalina or later, or if you're using a Mac with macOS Mojave or earlier or a Windows PC.

If you still get no help, contact Apple Support directly, using this link:--> Contact Apple for support and service

Jan 14, 2024 10:44 AM in response to Smithandbacon

Smithandbacon wrote:

I’m having the same issue. Now when I try to update via MacBook, I’m getting a prompt to either “set up as new device” or “restore from this backup” which is an outdated backup so, I’m afraid to proceed and loose current backups

Select “Set up as New device”. It won’t do anything to the iPad, and let you update normally.

Unable to update 6th Gen iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.