You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I change the iOS Books interface?

In a recent iOS update the Books app also got updated and the "Read Now" page of the app also changed. Previously "Continue" took up most of the Read Now screen but with the update this has shrunken to 1/6 of the screen and "Current Bestsellers" and other Books bookstore suggestions take up the rest. I don't want the suggestions or bookstore options: I curate my own library and would rather have my current reading list most prominent and maybe some suggestions from my own library and then at the bottom of the page some other suggestions. I understand that others prefer to have Apple tell them what is worth reading and that's fine I just want the option to have the home page the way I prefer. Is it possible to edit the layout of the homepage (ie remove the Current Bestsellers and $9.99 blocks)? If so, how? If not, come on Apple you don't earn enough money already? Give us a choice at least.

iPhone 11, iOS 17

Posted on Dec 21, 2023 12:12 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2024 4:43 AM

Please - everyone go do the feedback thing - I really don't like the new Read Now page pushing other books and agree with the original poster.

3 replies

Jul 11, 2024 10:26 PM in response to Lars Hansen

Create a shortcut:

Books - Open Collection - then add 2 variables - Open All and - Open Current Book and then add it to the home screen.

When you open this shortcut, it opens up All books tab and then opens up your currently read book. If you close the currently read book, then it goes back to All Books tab. If you don’t add the first variable as Open All, then it would go back to the annoying Home tab with all the ads and buy this £9.99 etc. If you won’t add the latter variable - Open Current Book, then any time when you were reading and you tap on the newly created book app icon it keeps going back to the All tab, despite you were reading something (if you use cmd tab or the app switcher/gestures to go back to your book then it won’t).

Can I change the iOS Books interface?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.