You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iPhone 15 pro screen lagging, flickering, jumping when scrolling

What’s is that? Is that hardware or software issue? Anyone have same issues? Animation is jumping, flickering when scrolling on various apps especially instagram/fb. Sometimes even in native apps. Sometimes more sometimes less. It’s destroying 120hz feeling, really annoying thing.

Iphone 15 pro running on latest iOS.

Video

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on Dec 27, 2023 9:07 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2024 6:25 AM

Same issue here. Bought my iphone 15pro 1 month ago had no issue at all but now i notice that the screen kinda flicker/jumping/glitch/jittering i dont know how to explain it, i tried force restart, update the ios to the latest and factory reset but it still do the same thing! Do you guys solved the problem alrd?

23 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 28, 2024 6:25 AM in response to Mmefju

Same issue here. Bought my iphone 15pro 1 month ago had no issue at all but now i notice that the screen kinda flicker/jumping/glitch/jittering i dont know how to explain it, i tried force restart, update the ios to the latest and factory reset but it still do the same thing! Do you guys solved the problem alrd?

Dec 28, 2023 7:25 AM in response to Mmefju

You are not alone with this issue. Changed from iphone 15 plus with iOS 17.2.1 today to iPhone 15 pro with 17.2.1 and I’m getting the same issues. Hard reset nor toggling off true tone and reduce transparency isnt helping on my half.

However while googling through others experiences this could be (for now) iOS 17 issue as users have replicated it with older models also. Hopefully Apple is fixing this asap.

edit: one possible workaround is to take backup via iTunes. Then full reset phone and set it as new one. Then restore from latest backup. Ridiculous? Yes.

Apr 16, 2024 4:42 PM in response to jsteedly

AT&T will not give me a new phone as I have issues with

the flickering too. I just picked up supposedly a brand new phone yesterday

from AT&T and they will not help me with this issue.  As they said, I will need to visit the Apple

store to resolve. Yes, I’m really ****** when they said they would not help

with my problem. I am starting to believe AT&T only sales refurbished phones

from apple. Something is not right as we purchase a new phone and walk  a way with issues  with no support.  Did you walk out of AT&T with this issue

too?

Apr 7, 2024 7:36 AM in response to Mmefju

Just bought iphone-15-pro max 3 months ago, screen was getting black while scrolling horizontally while using some apps. And screen flickering most of the time especially using Facebook and a couple of apps. Rebooted the device, updated all the apps as well as the iOS, but problem still persisted. Got to apple store, they replaced the screen, the blackening of the screen gone but flickering still there. I upgraded this after having iphone 8 plus previously just because apple used to be flawless and stable system but now the prices are eye watering but the quality has gone down. My iphone 8 plus still runs smoothly. What a joke!!!

Jul 7, 2024 7:28 AM in response to Mmefju

My 15 pro is doing the same thing. I’ve been trying to capture proof, but screen recordings or screenshots don’t work. It finally happened when I was at home and was able to use another phone to take a picture of it and video. This side by side is a screenshot on my phone while it was flickering (left) and a picture of it using another phone (right). Apple needs to fix this. It’s obviously not a screen issue.

Oct 19, 2024 11:38 PM in response to Mmefju

Same Issue from day one screen had this issue of flickering/jerk/jittering it was the issue but now it has increased and almost every time when I am using my Iphone 15 pro it comes to my mind the worst decision i made to purchase this phone.. additionally it misses keyboard keys while typing.. I am running on IOS 18 and after that all of the problem has increased..

iPhone 15 pro screen lagging, flickering, jumping when scrolling

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.