You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Getting Notifications But Not Iphone

While I am on my phone my apple watch gets the notifications. I will hear the buzz on my apple watch but the notification will not show up on my phone even though I am on it. How do I fix this?

iPhone 11, iOS 17

Posted on Jan 2, 2024 11:33 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 8, 2024 5:49 AM

The iPhone does not give audible notifications if you are wearing your watch. This is a deliberate setting by Apple which we cannot change. Very frustrating as I often don’t hear my watch so both would be better. Thanks Apple.

7 replies

Jan 6, 2024 3:40 PM in response to kaylaharris1721

I am seeing the same issue. I have checked my iphone to make sure notifications are enabled, Messages notifications are on and that the Focus setting doesn't disable notifications. Yet, only my Apple watch gets notifications and not my iphone. On the Iphone, the message notification shows up on the lock screen but there is no alert tone (silent mode is off).

Apple Watch Getting Notifications But Not Iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.