You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Remote Desktop ; Reconnecting spins but never connects

I use ARD to connect to several system. This particular system is in a Data Center. I have connected to systems there before without any trouble, however, it is quite difficult to get there to do anything in person.

When the system is rebooted, I have no problem connecting to it. After I disconnect from that system, the next time I try to connect it gives me the: Connecting to "ComputerName"...

and it never connects.

One difference I've noticed is, when I log out from that system (the only time I can see the login screen, which freezes) it shows in the upper left corner, next to the Red,Yellow,Green dots: Locked

My other systems do not say that.

I had the system rebooted and logged in, checked everything I could in system settings to 'unlock' anything I could (auto-lock screen, etc...). No luck, it still leaves me locked out after I disconnect. The only way in is to have somebody reboot it again.

ARD is at version 3.9.7 (1B39) and the client I am connecting to is on Ventura.

Any ideas I could try (short of re-installing everything) would be greatly appreciated.

Posted on Jan 8, 2024 8:44 AM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Apple Remote Desktop ; Reconnecting spins but never connects

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.