You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Add To Playlist Button Empty

In the increasing list of stuff that's broken in Apple Music Sonoma: now when I try adding a song to one of my playlists using the three dots and then ‘add to playlist,’ none of my playlists are shown in the list. The only option available is to create a new playlist. Any way to repopulate that option?

Posted on Jan 14, 2024 5:14 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2024 9:27 AM

I cannot find a way to modify existing playlists to show up in the context menu. However, I was able to Duplicate a playlist and the copy shows up in the "add to playlist" context menu.

So now I have to duplicate all my playlists and update the smart playlists to point at the new ones. It's a pain, but at least I do not have to re-add 60k songs to new playlists.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 24, 2024 9:27 AM in response to dunderhead

I cannot find a way to modify existing playlists to show up in the context menu. However, I was able to Duplicate a playlist and the copy shows up in the "add to playlist" context menu.

So now I have to duplicate all my playlists and update the smart playlists to point at the new ones. It's a pain, but at least I do not have to re-add 60k songs to new playlists.

Add To Playlist Button Empty

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.