You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ffmpeg to Final cut

ffmpeg -i -c:v libx264 -preset fast -crf 26 -profile:v baseline -pix_fmt yuv420p -vf scale=3840:2160 -r 30 -c:a copy "..\Converted_To_30fps

i have tried every setting of compressor with no luck. I have a 2k video that I play on a PC. If I use FFMPEG with that script it works fine but if I try creating any type of compressor setting for 3840x2160 and copy from the Mac to the pc it won’t play the file. I just want to use Final Cut instead of ffmpeg can someone tell me what my compressor settings should be based on that file?

Posted on Jan 22, 2024 12:34 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Jan 23, 2024 1:16 AM in response to millersnmeva

Let me see if I am understanding you correctly:

you have a video file on your mac, and need to convert it in order to play on your pc?

Most files that you'd output from FCP, Quicktime Player or Compressor should just work.

Please open the problem file in Quicktime Player, press Command-I and post a screenshot.

Also, if you export from FCP: Export File->Computer, it will produce an .mp4 file that will play just about anywhere.

My guess is that have probably just exported in ProRes. ProRes is great for video editing but is not available by default in either macs, or pcs - you need to install software like FCP in your mac before you can use ProRes.

Never use ProRes to distribute your videos. Use H264, in .mov or .mp4 container, and it will play in any mac, pc, phone...

Ffmpeg to Final cut

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.