You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri not working after iOS update

After update to new iOS (a few days ago) hey siri is not working when an app is running. Before the update I was able to ask Siri to turn volume up or down when out running (for example).

now in the same situation there is no response. I can only get hey siri to work when no apps are running and the screen is closed.

any solution?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone SE, iOS 17

Posted on Jan 22, 2024 9:06 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 9, 2024 1:39 AM

This cannot be a coincidence, as I updated the iOS last night (8 March), and have the same problem. The microphone does not pick up anything when trying to use Siri.

I have since used Voice memos and Videos and can confirm that the microphones are working.

I have followed all of the advice and still Siri is unusable as it does not link to the microphone.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 9, 2024 1:39 AM in response to SravanKrA

This cannot be a coincidence, as I updated the iOS last night (8 March), and have the same problem. The microphone does not pick up anything when trying to use Siri.

I have since used Voice memos and Videos and can confirm that the microphones are working.

I have followed all of the advice and still Siri is unusable as it does not link to the microphone.

Jan 22, 2024 9:13 PM in response to kuroneko111

iOS updates generally aim to enhance user experience, boost security, and fix bugs rather than disrupt core features. Siri issues after updates might stem from underlying, unmentioned factors. Updates won't typically alter personal data but may refine settings or features. Backup before major updates for safety. Review Apple's update details and backup advice for a smooth process.

This seems purely coincidental so please check the Setting on your device.

See what each update does: About iOS 17 Updates, About iOS 16 Updates, About iOS 15 Updates, About iOS 14 Updates, About iOS 13 Updates, About iOS 12 Updates, and so on...

Siri not working after iOS update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.