You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Pro MDM issue with add work account

I am having a difficult issue with an iPad, and have worked with apple support as well as Manage Engine MDM support. I work in a nursing home environment as one of the IT guys, and we use manage engine mdm to handle managing our iPads. It works great for locking them down for CNA and nurse charting, etc. But I have a user who is the VP of Marketing, and that solution doesnt work for her situation. I need to add a work iCloud account to her iPad, as she has tons of videos, pictures, etc on it. She has loads of apps, etc and I really don't want to have to rebuild her iPad. We finally figured out that when an MDM profile is added to a device, the add work or school account entry under vpn and management goes away. So I have been doing some testing with a spare iPad, and have removed the MDM profile from the device, but the add work account option is still missing. I did a reset all settings on the device. Still no luck. I can wipe and rebuild her device if I need to, but is there anything I can do to add this entry back on the iPad without wiping it? Is there a way using configurator or on the business portal to assign the account to the device? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Posted on Jan 23, 2024 9:21 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Jan 24, 2024 1:16 PM in response to celliott147

Not according to Apple business support. I create a user in our Business portal, and purchased the 2tb iCloud for it. You can't login to this account the way you login to iCloud. You have to add it as a work account, because it is managed by us. Hence, the reason I am asking my original question here. Manage Engine removed that, and after removing manage engine MDM, it is still hidden. Manage engine doesn't know why, their support is not great.

iPad Pro MDM issue with add work account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.