You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Remote Desktop - Freeze on launch

Apple Remote Desktop is freezing on launch, after working great for years. Symptom is just that; no UI appears other than a beachball. Only option is to force quit.

I've deleted and reinstalled the app from the App Store. I've deleted all the preferences I can find, including in Containers. When deleting the preferences within Containers, I get the license agreement at next launch, then a freeze when I hit Agree. Same occurs in another user on the same Mac.

I don't see any obvious errors in Console. When I force-quit I see a message from Spindump "not processing uninteresting event (1)" and no spindump gets saved.

M1 Max MacBook Pro, macOS 13.6.3.

Any suggestions?

Posted on Jan 24, 2024 8:57 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Feb 9, 2024 10:03 AM in response to Mitch Cohen

I was able to fix this issue with a non-specific action. I restarted my Mac in Safe Mode (see Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support for how to do this). While in Safe Mode I launched Remote Desktop - and it launched fine. I then restarted my Mac normally, and it then launched and worked properly. It's been about two weeks and still running fine. Hope this helps someone!

Apple Remote Desktop - Freeze on launch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.