You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mosyle MDM, Lost Mode and an iPad NOT on the internet

At my school, I manage about 60 ipads with Mosyle. One of them was put into lost mode last semester. We found it this year. The trouble seems to be that all the other iPads disconnected from the network because of issues with the security certificate. I was able to get all the other devices reconnected by clicking the info button, choosing "JOIN NETWORK," and "trusting" the certificate. I didn't have to type any information in.

I'm almost certain that the problem with the lost mode iPad is that it needs me to do the same thing with the network and trust the certificate. The problem is I can't access anything because of the lock.

Is there a way to get the iPad back on the network so it can see the commands from my MDM? This is an 6th generation model running 16.3 IOS. All push notifications from the MDM fail. Last update from the device was received 6/3/2023. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Posted on Feb 3, 2024 7:36 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2024 11:41 AM

I ended up purchasing a lightning to ethernet dongle. As soon as the iPad hit the system, I sent an erase device command but preserve the data. That worked. It took about a half hour before I was able to get the WIFI connected. Mosyle MDM app didn't reinstall until the WIFI was reconnected and ethernet disconnected. I'm still waiting to see if everything is going to work (I sent a test message, but that didn't go to the device).

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 6, 2024 11:41 AM in response to Teacher of Miscreants

I ended up purchasing a lightning to ethernet dongle. As soon as the iPad hit the system, I sent an erase device command but preserve the data. That worked. It took about a half hour before I was able to get the WIFI connected. Mosyle MDM app didn't reinstall until the WIFI was reconnected and ethernet disconnected. I'm still waiting to see if everything is going to work (I sent a test message, but that didn't go to the device).

Mosyle MDM, Lost Mode and an iPad NOT on the internet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.