You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to Connect Apple Vision Pro to Sony WH-1000XM3 Headphones

I cannot seem to get the Apple Vision Pro to pair with my WH-1000XM3 headphones. I disconnect my headphones from the Mac, where they work great, go to Apple Vision Pro Settings --> bluetooth where is announces searching for devices and then power down the headphones and then power them up again with a long press on the power button to power up into Bluetooth pairing mode. The Apple Vision Pro Bluetooth page continues to spin with no devices ever listed. I've tried this a few times now changing the order into which I do these steps but the result is always the same.

Apple's official statement is here: Use Bluetooth accessories with your Apple Vision Pro - Apple Support:

"Apple Vision Pro compatibility with third-party Bluetooth devices and accessories isn't guaranteed. If you have trouble connecting Apple Vision Pro to your third-party device, contact the device's manufacturer for help."

As of today Sony doesn't have anything in their knowledge-base. I will call them and update here.

My question for the community is: Do any of you have Sony WH-1000XM series headphones working with Apple Vision Pro? Do any of you have any non-apple headphones working?

It's early days for Apple Vision Pro and device compatibility often takes some time to work out but I am keen to know if this a problem specific to me or whether this is a case of Apple not yet supporting the Sony headphones, in which case I'd love to see it on their enhancement list. Thanks, all.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Feb 3, 2024 1:19 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2024 9:08 AM

I’m having the same issues with both B&W and UE. Maybe support is upcoming? I hope. There’s no way on a plane this will work without headphones.

Similar questions

7 replies

Mar 16, 2024 3:02 AM in response to jpshackelford

I’m not having much luck on this either.

However, FWIW, I am getting good results with my AirPods Pro (USB-C version): The noise-cancellation and sound quality are not quite as good as the Sonys, but better than I expected.

They definitely produce excellent spatial-audio effect, and they also switch off fairly quickly between pairing with my AVP and iPhone.

On the downside though, I’m finding them harder to get a really good seal in my ear. When I do though, again, the noise cancellation is not bad.

Interestingly, I’ve also found that I can also put my cheapie shop earmuffs over them for additional noise abatement, if needed.

How to Connect Apple Vision Pro to Sony WH-1000XM3 Headphones

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.