You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

connecting my MacBook Pro to my vision pro - looking at it isn't working

My MacBook Pro has Bluetooth on and two factor identification but it still isn't connecting to my Vision Pro. My MacBook Pro was purchased in June 2021 so it isn't that old.

Posted on Feb 6, 2024 2:54 PM

3 replies

Feb 6, 2024 4:31 PM in response to Garp78

Hello Garp78!

On the See your Mac screen on Apple Vision Pro in the Apple Vision Pro User Guide, it says that you must meet these criteria:

• Both must be devices signed in with the same Apple ID using two-factor authentication. Mac Virtual Display does not support Managed Apple IDs.
  • Your Mac must have macOS Sonoma or later installed. Make sure your Apple Vision Pro is using the latest version of visionOS.
  • Both devices must be within 10 meters (30 feet) of each other and have Bluetooth and Wi-Fi turned on. Neither device can be sharing its internet connection.
  • If you want to share the pointer between your macOS and visionOS apps, Handoff must be turned on on both devices. On Apple Vision Pro, go to Settings > General > Handoff. On your Mac, go to System Settings > General > AirDrop & Handoff. 
  • On your Mac, you also need to turn on “Allow your pointer and keyboard to move between any nearby Mac or iPad.” Go to System Settings > Displays, then click Advanced.

If all of these are met, then you should see the connect button. Otherwise, you must do the following:

1. Open Control Center.
  2. Tap .
  3. Tap .

If you are still not able to connect, contact the Official Apple Support.

I hope this helps!

connecting my MacBook Pro to my vision pro - looking at it isn't working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.