You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I air drop regularly to my iPad without having to turn on ‘from everyone for 10 minutes’ from my work phone?

I use my personal IPad for paper work for work. I have a work phone that I generally take photos on and store but I need to upload them on my IPad in order to submit them. Problem is my work phone doesn’t see my iPad as it’s not a ‘stored contact’ and is linked to my personal Apple account. I’d like to be able to air drop things to it regularly without having to go into setting turn on the option to be able to receive from everyone for 10 minutes but not sure how to go about this as I’ve tried several ways.

if it help my iPad does have it’s on line on my phone bill therefore it is connected to a service

Posted on Feb 6, 2024 4:25 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Feb 8, 2024 8:56 AM in response to Stefen992

As your personal iPad and work iPhone are presumably using different AppleIDs, you'll not be able to seamlessly AirDrop between the devices.

Recent versions of iOS/iPadOS will only allow AirDrop "from anyone" for 10 minutes - at which time the receiving device will automatically revert to allowing AirDrop from known contacts. This feature was designed to improve device security - and prevent ad-hoc delivery of unwanted or salacious material from other devices (not belonging to you) that may be within range.

How to use AirDrop on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Unless both devices are signed-in to iCloud with the same AppleID, you'll not be able to achieve your intended goal using AirDrop.

Perhaps consider using a cloud-based file sharing service - such as Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, DropBox or similar. While you will need to install the appropriate App on both devices, you'll be able to sign-in to the chosen service from both.

How do I air drop regularly to my iPad without having to turn on ‘from everyone for 10 minutes’ from my work phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.