You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No sound from new Apple Vision Pro

Thought I'd post a thread about this, in case anyone has any insight that i might have missed. 

As per the title, I set up my AVP yesterday, and quickly realized that no sound was coming from the built in speakers. I tried to find all the possible volume controls and cranked them up. Looked around in the settings for any possible sound killers. Restarted the device a bunch of times, both a regular restart and a forced restart. 

I tried my Beats Studio earbuds, and they work, although the sound is really low in volume, much too low, even with everything cranked up. 

So, before returning these, wanted to know if anyone knows about any hidden "mute switch" or similar i might have missed?

Apple Vision Pro, visionOS 1

Posted on Feb 8, 2024 7:29 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2024 10:50 AM

I have lost sound on the right speaker on the Vision Pro. Restarted multiple times and checked settings. Removed the right strap with the speaker and checked. The contacts are clean.

One thing that is alarming is that when powered with the battery, the right strap where the speaker is located is very warm. I have disconnected the battery for now.

I have an appointment at an Apple Store next Tuesday to look at this issue.

17 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 9, 2024 10:50 AM in response to webrgp

I have lost sound on the right speaker on the Vision Pro. Restarted multiple times and checked settings. Removed the right strap with the speaker and checked. The contacts are clean.

One thing that is alarming is that when powered with the battery, the right strap where the speaker is located is very warm. I have disconnected the battery for now.

I have an appointment at an Apple Store next Tuesday to look at this issue.

Feb 25, 2024 12:44 PM in response to sduck409

My right speaker pod had gotten hot a couple of times over the last week. Yesterday it started making a ticking noise with some soft static but no other sound - it was really hot at the same time. I immediately shut it down and made a Genius Bar appointment at the Flatirons Crossing store. They ran some sort of diagnostic but all the hardware checked out. They asked me to wipe it so they could send it in for repair - said it would be 3-5 days. This morning I received a call saying that they didn't have any boxes available to send it back to Apple in and that it would be over a week before the boxes arrive and potentially a couple of weeks before I get it back. WTH? No boxes to send a defective unit back to the mothership for repair? I'm pretty disappointed right now as I've been using it everyday since I received it on 2/2.

Feb 28, 2024 5:03 PM in response to ziririt

I'm in Korea, so I can't go to an Apple store in person to get an AS, so I've had 2 diagnostics done remotely via phone with an Apple US agent.

I even did a factory reset, but that didn't help, and was told that it was a software issue, that they recognized it as a core issue and were working to fix it, and that I should wait for the VisionOS update.

I can only hear the sound through my AirPods, which is inconvenient, but I'm glad to have Vision Pro nonetheless. Hopefully a software update will fix this soon.

Feb 21, 2024 7:54 AM in response to sduck409

You were very fortunate.

But I took a look at https://www.macobserver.com/tips/how-to/why-is-there-no-sound-on-my-new-apple-vision-pro-heres-how-to-fix-it/ and found no foreign objects.

But it must have been new, and you must have taken very good care of it, because it's an expensive product, and it's a shame that you can't hear it because a foreign object got into it. I can't believe that Apple makes hardware products so flimsy. Apple products that are supposed to be sturdy... and very expensive products like this...

No sound from new Apple Vision Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.