You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Virtual Display Audio

I’m trying to edit video through the Mac Virtual Display, but I’m not able to hear audio. I would also like to use my AirPods Pro, but once it connects with the Vision Pro, it disconnects with my Macbook Pro

Apple Vision Pro

Posted on Feb 8, 2024 12:02 PM

3 replies

Feb 12, 2024 12:57 PM in response to dmcclin500

I'm not sure how helpful this will be, but here goes anyway. When you connect your Mac to Vision Pro, you get the larger screen, but you don't get audio through the VP. Instead, the audio comes from your Mac (which may be producing too low a volume). This is a problem with a desktop Mac because if you're not right next to your Mac, you won't hear much sound. I get around this by linking a portable blu-tooth speaker to the Mac before "connecting" to VP and taking the speaker with me. I don't understand why this doesn't work with your AirPods . . . maybe try linking your Mac to your AirPods BEFORE setting up a Mac Virtual Display.

Mac Virtual Display Audio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.