You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Light leaking through bottom of Vision Pro

I got fitted the other day at the Apple store and we tried a wide range of fittings. In every combination and looking straight down with my eyes there was light coming in at the bottom of the vision pro under my nose. Holding my hands down by my lap I could see my hand moving and some of my lap. We didnt find a combination that reduced it.

So my question for those that have a vision pro is what amount of light coming in from the bottom (only) is expected/normal?

[Re-titled by Moderator]

Apple Vision Pro

Posted on Feb 11, 2024 11:32 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2024 8:00 AM

In my case I see the light leakage at the bottom but even worse than that when im in a dark environment, like cinema mode in Apple TV and im watching a movie I see some reflective light in the bottom pouter rims, like a glare, it is quite annoying, anyone else having this problem??

12 replies

Feb 20, 2024 11:48 AM in response to Merlingpk

Yeah this is hands down the biggest heartbreak fail for me. It’s not a one off thing. I read on here Lots of people even returned it because of this and between that and the pressures on my face from the weight I’m strongly considering selling it. What an amazing piece of tech, yet it feels rushed out. How Apple put a product out with those lense flares is so disappointing. Those cinema modes are one of if not its most wow feature and I can’t enjoy it. Feels like your watching jj Abram’s overuse of lense flares in all of the last star trek movies but it’s now 3d lol. Those flares were annoying in 2d didn’t need a 3d in your face real flare. Sigh. I’m not trying to fud it but after the initial wow wears off , am I the only one that’s now ultra focused on these issues. And I love it so much I’m fighting my brain to keep it. but it’s feeling like that girlfriend that’s so hot but treats you bad and you stay with her because of other reasons. 😢 

P.S. icing on the cake is Apple changed their return policy to 14 days on this piece of tech. That right there should have been the warning sign. I’ve had it since day one. And now’s when I trully would return (within 30 days)and cant.

Feb 11, 2024 5:50 PM in response to The Mace

Some light leakage around the nose is normal. For an ideal fit, you want your Light Seal to make contact with the sides of your face to minimize light leakage. If your experience improves in the dimly lit room, the issue is light leakage. o address this, you can adjust the fit of your Vision Pro or try a different Light Seal cushion.

See: If your Apple Vision Pro doesn't fit properly

Feb 12, 2024 7:15 AM in response to Vancouver22

Thanks we tried all those things in the store. I havent really used it yet since i'm waiting on the lenses as I cant read or make out much without them. They're supposed to arrive today so i'll see how much of an issue it is once I use it for real and then decide if I need to push the topic more.

The Apple store folks tried a bunch of things but ultimately couldnt guide on what I should/shouldnt expect for fit so I dont know if I settled or should have kept pushing on the issue.

Feb 13, 2024 12:16 PM in response to Vancouver22

Well I tried replying to this while wearing them but it wouldnt post. I could login and enter the text but when posting it just kept saying I needed to log in but I was logged in. Something there. There was a software update so doing that now.

Anyway, during the daytime in my office, the light at the bottom of the screen isn't very noticeable. Will see how it does at night time.

Apr 2, 2024 3:05 AM in response to The Mace

I would say this is a normal experience for me as well. I do not wear contact lens or glasses, however, if look down with the AVP on, I can see light below my nose. It's not a huge deal, but does detract from the immersive environments a little bit. I feel like there could be a more forming cushion to potentially resolve this down the road. I've actually put foam between the top of my nose and the AVP and seem to have fixed it with decent comfort, but longterm viewing with this isn't that comfortable.

Light leaking through bottom of Vision Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.