You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unexpected VPN restrictions behaviour

Hi!

I’m confused about some behaviour surrounding VPNs and device restrictions. I wonder if anyone could explain some things to me?

I have a supervised device with the restriction ‘allowVPNcreation’ set to false (see attached)

However at this Apple Support link: Review MDM restrictions for Apple devices – Apple Support (UK)

It says the following (see image):

the above Support article has a published date of 11/12/23. Using the Wayback Machine I can see that previously the VPN restriction only made reference to the user being unable to create VPNs (see image)

i.e. there has been a relatively recent addition to include third party apps.

My problem however is that third party VPN apps are not blocked from adding VPN configurations, despite what is said above on the support page and despite having the restriction enabled.

Does anyone know what might be going wrong and why the restriction doesn’t appear to be being fulfilled as it were?

Many thanks.

Posted on Feb 12, 2024 9:06 AM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Unexpected VPN restrictions behaviour

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.