You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows moving slightly with my head movement on Apple Vision Pro

When I have any windows showing on my Vision Pro and move my head around, the windows seem to move just a little bit.

I am only posting this in case the Vision Pro is broken in some way. I can live with it if this is normal.

I have read and seen so many posts and videos about how rock solid all of the windows are that I want to ask in case I need to have my Vision Pro repaired.

Is there maybe some software adjustment I can make?

I have redone the eye and hand tracking multiple times and it doesn't seem to change.

The windows don't move a lot. For example if I have my Mac screen up and it is about 2 feet away from my face and about 3 feet wide, if I move my head side to side about 6 inches the mac window will move about maybe a half inch.

That isn't much, but isn't rock solid either.

Is there something wrong or does everyone have this same experience?

Posted on Feb 14, 2024 6:43 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2024 7:33 PM

This is happening to me too. I installed 1.03 to see if it would help with the odd windows being angled issue I've been having, and now with this update, this window "wiggle" is totally unbearable, especially when using it for my Mac. I turn my head and the mac's display moves too.

8 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 21, 2024 7:33 PM in response to DevGuru

This is happening to me too. I installed 1.03 to see if it would help with the odd windows being angled issue I've been having, and now with this update, this window "wiggle" is totally unbearable, especially when using it for my Mac. I turn my head and the mac's display moves too.

May 30, 2024 4:43 AM in response to DevGuru

I tried the vision pro demo in the apple store yesterday. I found if i moved my head quickly even just 1cm to the side, the display window would jitter. With a lot of head movement even minor, it jitters a lot. It was very disconcerting. The store clerk didn't believe me, said he demoed the unit to hundreds of people and no one ever reported it. I asked if the unit might be defective, and he was in total disbelief...

If i moved my head around very slowly...which is very unnatural for me, i find there is no wiggle/jitter. I did not try differentiate between passthrough and immersed environment.

The jitter is pretty much a dealbreaker for me. That plus I find reading text very eye straining. When I read my eyes scan ahead, and because of the foveated rendering the text is blurry in my peripheral vision. Then my eyes jump ahead to try to make it clear, but then the text I was just on, becomes blurry so my eyes jump back. And then keep jumping back and forth trying to make everything clear to no avail. If i force my eyes to read very slowly it works, however that is also very unnatural for me. Sad this wont work as a productivity tool for me.

Jun 21, 2024 10:16 PM in response to Gestaltjz

I just bought mine a few days ago so I don't have that much experience with it yet, but I also notices a little tilting distortion moving my head, particularly in an immersive video, such as Alicia Keys, but didn't notice it if I moved slowly. That made me wonder if maybe it was due to latency. I know they are pretty fast, but not as fast as one's own eyes and brain.

Windows moving slightly with my head movement on Apple Vision Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.