You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Guest user can't watch movies on Apple Vision Pro

When a guest user tries to watch any movie in Apple Vision Pro, they simply get a black screen.

I can watch any movie without problems.

Is this a restriction for guest users?

Or a software bug?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Apple Vision Pro, visionOS 1

Posted on Feb 16, 2024 8:13 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2024 9:20 AM

I called Apple about this...

Apparently, there are copyright issues which lead Apple to black out the screen for Guest Users when they view films on Apple TV when screen mirroring is in use.

So Apple TV should work for Guest Users if you turn off the screen mirroring. (I haven't tried it yet.)

Similar questions

11 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 17, 2024 9:20 AM in response to Colin Shapiro

I called Apple about this...

Apparently, there are copyright issues which lead Apple to black out the screen for Guest Users when they view films on Apple TV when screen mirroring is in use.

So Apple TV should work for Guest Users if you turn off the screen mirroring. (I haven't tried it yet.)

Feb 16, 2024 11:04 AM in response to Colin Shapiro

1. Open Control Center, tap , then tap .
  2. Adjust any of the following:
  • Allowed Apps: Choose whether a guest user can access only open apps or all apps.
  • Important: If you give a guest access to all apps, they have access to your information in apps like deleted Messages and Safari browsing history, Calendar, and Mail. Your Optic ID, Apple Pay, EyeSight, and Persona stay private.

Let others use your Apple Vision Pro - Apple Support

Feb 16, 2024 12:24 PM in response to Colin Shapiro

Hello Colin Shapiro!

Identifying the Issue

This definitely sounds like a software bug.

Does this only occur in the TV app?

If it doesn't only occur in the TV app, then this is visionOS's problem.

If it does only occur in the TV app, then this is the TV app's problem

Solving the Issue

Try turning the device off and back on and try watching a movie in guest mode.

If that doesn't work, you should contact the Official Apple Support. Make sure you provide screenshots and tell them exactly what happens when the guest tries to watch a movie.

I hope this helps!

Feb 18, 2024 10:17 AM in response to m701

@ m701:

That's very interesting and helpful - huge thanks!

I was running screen mirroring in order to assist my guest user.

When I logged on as a guest user to test, I wasn't running screen mirroring...so everything worked.

Bizarre that this is a copyright issue. Do they really think that anyone will want to watch a movie on an iPad (for example) while mirroring Vision Pro?

Guest user can't watch movies on Apple Vision Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.