You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what is a managed configuration?

was just wondering what a managed configuration is and is it a standard feature on all ipads?

and also on a totally different note, when going through the process of asking a question to the community on this website, the 3rd or 4th step is to "select a topic" and then it offers a few suggestions. why does it always offer me "ipad in business and education" ? sometimes thats the only option to choose from

iPad, iPadOS 17

Posted on Mar 6, 2024 10:39 PM

4 replies

Mar 7, 2024 1:30 AM in response to TheSlowKnife

It offers you that option because that’s the most relevant forum you’ve chosen to post your question in.

A managed configuration is a set of ‘rules/settings’ applied by a (in general) business or educational facility. It maybe applied to your own device or a device given to you. Settings configured usually include Wi-Fi, proxy and printer(s) etc. Some settings will even include which Apps can be used or installed.

Mar 7, 2024 9:22 AM in response to Antonio Rocco

but these are my personal devices bought directly from a retail store, for example tmobile. brand new. and i dont own any company devices and have no association with a university. is this something that coms with my tmobile plan or something, i just have a basic magenta plan? personal plan. i ask because a while back, while update my iphone 13 it seemed like it crashed half way through the update and then seemed to have fixed itself but then it restored itself back to the way it was, then updated again and then seemed to be back to "normal" but it wasnt. in fact after updating, it actualy reverted back to what seemed like 3 or 4 updates agao because all of my text messages and voicemails from months and months ago that i had permanently deleted had been restored. i had never logged in to any account on my phone or ever backed up anything. so i thought maybe the phone might have to be wiped in order to update, so i took it to apple and they did a full factoryDf wipe but everything still got restored an now theres something that says managed configuration on my phone

what is a managed configuration?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.