You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Re-Do Send to Compressor

I often render video files by using the File menu option "Send to Compressor."

I do a lot of work setting the Compressor job up and render my video, so far so good.

Now If I make a small change in the video, I would like to use the same job and batch, with all of the set up work in it, to re-render the video. However, when I try to re-run the batch/job, it always looses track of the video originally sent directly from Final Cut Pro X (FCPX), not rendered first. As far as I know there is no video file for Comppressor to find. Re-sending the video from FCPX does not find it's way to the batch/job I laboriously prepared earlier?

Also, I tried to find ways to save the settings of the job so I could just drag it to a new batch after resending the video, but so far no luck. I know one can customize and save the 4K video settings, but that does not seem to include the general job settings.

Please help if you have a good solution.

iMac 27″

Posted on Mar 10, 2024 11:13 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Mar 10, 2024 12:31 PM in response to Bmorgan5

I see that in a job the pull down menu for "fields" has an import option at the bottom. If you click that and select the previous rendering of the job, the fields contents will be copied in. It will not, however, eliminate any fields you previously deleted, including restablishing auto-fill fields you deleted in the original job.

Mar 11, 2024 9:31 PM in response to Bmorgan5

Since it's a bit tiresome to one-by-one delete each time a jobs metadata fields that I am not using, I'm now simply deleting any data autofilled in those fields (such as author, and director) and leaving the fields I'm not using, rather than deleting them.

The fields that I am using are populated correctly, when I import the data from my previous rendering.

I'm still interested in any better solutions to this issue.

Bob.

Re-Do Send to Compressor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.