You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari opening first tab instead of last active tab on MacBook since 14.4 update

I have Safari set up to open with all windows from last session. Before latest Sonoma update to 14.4, Safari would open with the last active tab (as it still does on iPhone and iPad). Now when I open Safari, it always opens with the first tab on left hand side of display.

How do I get it back to opening on last active tab again?

MacBook Pro (2017 – 2020)

Posted on Mar 13, 2024 1:41 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 16, 2024 1:33 PM

Oh thank heaven! I thought it was just me! I am running 14.4.1 and have had this issue for a while. I have 5-6 Tabs pinned, but the first tab after the pinned ones keeps opening.

I even tried closing that specific tab, but the next time I open Safari, whatever is in that leftmost "regular tab" position takes over!

Here's hoping for a solution!!

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 16, 2024 1:33 PM in response to bewlaydude

Oh thank heaven! I thought it was just me! I am running 14.4.1 and have had this issue for a while. I have 5-6 Tabs pinned, but the first tab after the pinned ones keeps opening.

I even tried closing that specific tab, but the next time I open Safari, whatever is in that leftmost "regular tab" position takes over!

Here's hoping for a solution!!

Safari opening first tab instead of last active tab on MacBook since 14.4 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.