You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Vision Pro Sharing - Is it possible?

If I was to split the cost of the Vision Pro with my friend and passed I every week how hard would it be to share it like that? I know I would need to get my own light seal cushions, but is it easy to log out and sign into my Apple ID?

Apple Vision Pro

Posted on Mar 15, 2024 10:08 PM

3 replies

Mar 16, 2024 5:26 AM in response to E71-21

The AVP is not designed to be shared, but you could use the reset/transfer function if you wanted to put up with the hassle. You would back up your settings to iCloud then erase the AVP as if you were going to sell it (similar to an iPhone or Mac). You would then download the backed up settings from iCloud when you get the AVP back.

IDK... would you be happy to share an iPhone or Mac in this manner? I think you would be dissatisfied pretty quickly.

Mar 17, 2024 2:28 AM in response to Malyar_

This will not work for this use case. The guest has to use the AVP within five minutes after they are given approval, then are locked out once they take the AVP off. They can't take it home and use it (thankfully!). Otherwise they would have access to all the data associated with your Apple ID.

This feature is there so others can experience the AVP one time only.

Malyar_ wrote:

Hi ,

You can create Guest user for you or your friend to use AVP.

Vision Pro Sharing - Is it possible?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.