You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I recover data onto a new iPhone?

Need my photo’s and my apple stuff on my new iPhone

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 6s

Posted on Mar 25, 2024 2:33 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2024 8:36 PM

The new iPhone has a transfer setup when it is first turned on to help you transfer data from your old iPhone to the new iPhone. There are two main ways to transfer:

1. Use "Quick Start": This is a quick and easy method that can be used if both iPhones are running iOS 12.4 or later.

• Bring the two iPhones close together and align the screen of your old iPhone with the animated pattern displayed on the new iPhone.
  • Follow the on-screen instructions and select the data you want to transfer.
  • Wait for the transfer to complete and your data will be copied to the new iPhone.

2.Restore from an iCloud backup:

• If you have already backed up your old iPhone to iCloud, you can use this method.
  • On the new iPhone, follow the on-screen setup steps until you see the "Apps & Data" screen.
  • Select "Restore from iCloud Backup".
  • Sign in to your iCloud account and select the backup you want to restore.
  • Wait for the restore to complete and your data will be copied to the new iPhone.

Please note:

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 23, 2024 8:36 PM in response to montana107

The new iPhone has a transfer setup when it is first turned on to help you transfer data from your old iPhone to the new iPhone. There are two main ways to transfer:

1. Use "Quick Start": This is a quick and easy method that can be used if both iPhones are running iOS 12.4 or later.

• Bring the two iPhones close together and align the screen of your old iPhone with the animated pattern displayed on the new iPhone.
  • Follow the on-screen instructions and select the data you want to transfer.
  • Wait for the transfer to complete and your data will be copied to the new iPhone.

2.Restore from an iCloud backup:

• If you have already backed up your old iPhone to iCloud, you can use this method.
  • On the new iPhone, follow the on-screen setup steps until you see the "Apps & Data" screen.
  • Select "Restore from iCloud Backup".
  • Sign in to your iCloud account and select the backup you want to restore.
  • Wait for the restore to complete and your data will be copied to the new iPhone.

Please note:

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

How can I recover data onto a new iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.