You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Mail App crashes multiple times a day!! Why?

I’m on a fairly current device, 15 Pro Max with iOS 17.3. The Apple mail App has been consistently crashing abruptly for at least 3+ years!

Why?

Why?

Why does it keep happening?

I didn’t see any decent description in the history, I’m hoping I just didn’t see the “easy fix” if there is one! Is there a decent explanation and fix?

thanks in advance

… Tired of Crashing Mail!

iPhone 15 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Mar 27, 2024 4:20 PM

1 reply

May 13, 2024 2:38 PM in response to Al-Kelly

I’m in the same situation. I have a lot of accounts active, but my iPhone XR handled it fine. Since upgrading to a 15 Pro Max I’ve found that the Mail App frequently goes blank (I can see accounts but no mail numbers) and freezes. I haven’t discovered a pattern or reason for this. Often it would sort itself out with time i.e. overnight. The only ‘solution’ I’ve found is to completely turn off the device and reboot.

Apple Mail App crashes multiple times a day!! Why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.